Tue, Jul 12|
Accadia South Beach Herzliya
Advanced international surf rescue course and certification
Time & Location
Jul 12, 2022, 6:30 PM – Jul 15, 2022, 5:00 PM
Accadia South Beach Herzliya, HaTsedef St 1, Herzliya, Israel
About the event
This advanced surf rescue course, internationally known as the Bronze Medallion, trains participants to become certified surf lifesavers. This course is recognized by the International Surf Lifesaving Association, a volunteer social movement of civilians dedicated to drowning prevention and water education.
Participants will learn to perform rescues of conscious and unconscious drowning victims with both rescue tubes and surfboards, both individually and as part of a team.
After passing the exam at the end of the course, participants will receive an internationally recognized surf lifesaving certificate and be eligible to participate in international and Israel Surf Lifesaving Federation volunteer water safety activities
Participants will learn to:
* Apply knowledge of the surf environment including hazards and surf conditions;
* Apply surf skills and techniques for self-survival in the water while negotiating prevailing surf conditions with or without a flotation device;
* Prepare for and respond to a rescue with appropriate rescue and personal protective equipment;
* Participate in assessing a rescue scene;
* Safely perform a rescue using appropriate equipment and rescue techniques while following Surf Life Saving procedures;
* Perform a primary victim assessment including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED);
* Respond to an emergency situation requiring first aid;
* Perform a secondary victim assessment and apply appropriate first aid procedures;
* Identify and manage victims with a suspected spinal cord injury;
* Accurately report and convey first aid incident details to emergency response services while maintaining confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and Surf Life Saving policies.
- Ticket type
The course costs 2,400 shekels, which includes five days of instruction and training, as well as the Surf Life Saving New South Wales Australia membership and international certification. Payment is to be made directly to Lisa Segelov at 052-254-4239.Price₪2,400.00