SURF RESCUE CERTIFICATE (SRC)
Our teens (ages 13-17) "Dolphins" Program Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) course provides participants with the skills and knowledge of basic surf awareness and surf rescue techniques in a fun filled experience.Safety and well being
Surf awareness skills
- Knowledge of the surf environment, including hazards & surf conditions.
Surf rescue techniques
- Surf skills & techniques for self-survival in water while negotiating prevailing surf conditions with or without a flotation device.
- Enhancing team communication and public awareness.
First-aid & CPR
- Perform a surf rescue using SLSA certified equipment & rescue techniques.
Marine Environment Studies and Conservation
- Learning basic anatomy and understanding of human body.
- Basic first aid skills with a focus on preserving life and preventing injury.
- Respond to an emergency situation requiring cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Deeper understanding of the coastal environment and its inhabitants.
Prerequisite for participants in this course: swim 200 meters in 5 minutes and 1 minute float.
Upon completion of the SRC course you receive the ILSF Surf Rescue Certificate.